The London Expansion game is designed as an add-on to the London Base game and cannot be played on its own. It consists of 63 cards on 4 additional TfL lines, 28 single-line and 35 connection stations. The lines are represented by the following symbols:
Docklands Light Railway
The cards also have the same standard 9 lines used in the London Base game
Hammersmith & City
The Circle line is excluded from the game as all the stations on the Circle line are also on either the District, Hammersmith & City or Metropolitan lines.
Waterloo & City
The Waterloo & City line is included in the game, although as there are only two Waterloo & City stations, the line cannot be used in melds.
Example Single-line and Connection Stations
Numbers of station cards for each line
Once the duplicate cards have been removed from the Base pack, then there are 160 cards in total: 88 single-line and 72 connection stations. The number of stations per line for the combined Base + Extension packs is as follows.
- Bakerloo (6 single stations; 13 interchange stations)
- Central (7 single stations; 15 interchange stations)
- Crossrail (7 single stations; 12 interchange stations)
- District (7 single stations; 23 interchange stations)
- Docklands Light Railway (7 single stations; 9 interchange stations)
- Hammersmith & City (6 single stations; 16 interchange stations)
- Jubilee (7 single stations; 15 interchange stations)
- Metropolitan (7 single stations; 14 interchange stations)
- Northern (7 single stations; 14 interchange stations)
- Overground (7 single stations; 23 interchange stations)
- Piccadilly (7 single stations; 16 interchange stations)
- Tramline (7 single stations; 2 interchange stations)
- Victoria (6 single stations; 12 interchange stations)
- Waterloo & City (0 single stations; 2 interchange stations)
The London Expansion game also includes 2 additional Inspector cards.
There is a 4 page mini-rules booklet included in the game. These rules are additional rules to be used in conjunction with the rules included in the London Base game.